Chocolate Chip Cookies
Now it’s Easter Hols and I have time off work it gives me the opportunity to get back to baking (or experimenting as I’m sure H2B would like to call it!). Todays baking disaster was cookies. I’ve made them loads of times before, but this time I didn’t leave enough gap between each blob of cookie dough and I ended up with one giant cookie. Thankfully the old workmates I had made them for didn’t mind.
Last night was such a cold night, and I had some bread & cream to use up I decided to make bread & butter pudding. Not something I should be eating with my next wedding dress fitting on Tuesday but you can’t beat bread & butter pudding piping hot from the oven with a huge dollop of G&B vanilla icecream….heaven.
Bread & Butter pudding (serves 6)
350g white bread (about 1/2 a loaf)
about 2 handfuls of sultantas/currents/rasins
3 tbsp sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
100g caster sugar (I use the vanilla caster sugar we made at xmas)
450ml single cream
2) Lightly whisk eggs, sugar and cream. Pour over bread. Dot with a few extra dollops of butter.
3) Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 40-50min until risen and golden.
Appologies for the odd formating of this entry, I’m still trying to get used to Blogger!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)