1) Whip your egg whites with an electric whisk until it reaches soft peak stage.
2) Gradually add half of your sugar and continue to whip. The mixture turns in to a thick glossy texture, almost like shaving foam.
3) Sprinkle the remaining sugar and cornflour over the whipped eggs. Fold in using a metal spoon.
4) Put a 1M piping tip in a disposable piping bag then fill with the meringue mixture.
5) Pipe the meringues on baking parchment. They will not change shape while being cooked so they can be piped quite close together.
6) Bake at 100°c for 90-120 minutes until the meringues are beginning to become unstuck from the parchment. Open the door slightly and leave to cool in the oven switched off. Once they have cooled get them in a tin. This little sugary bites love moisture and suck it up like a sponge.
Mini Stripy Meringue Kisses https://www.butcherbakerblog.com/2012/12/19/mini-stripy-meringues-kisses/