If you’re passionate about sushi, it’s only natural to want to try and recreate your favorite Japanese dishes from the comfort of your own kitchen. However, it’s also very easy to be put off by how difficult it is to find the rice that you need for this dish, particularly if you’re an amateur in the kitchen.
It will usually take a bit of trial and error before you can find that perfect brand of rice. There are many varieties available, so here are some tips on how to make sure you find the best rice for sushi.
Our Top 10 Picks: Best Rice For Sushi
- 1 Top 10 Best Rice For Sushi
- 2 Features
- 3 Features
- 4 Features
- 5 Features
- 6 Features
- 7 Features
- 8 Features
- 9 Features
- 10 Features
- 11 Features
- 12 What to Consider When Purchasing Sushi Rice
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions About Sushi Rice
- 14 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Rice For Sushi
1. Nishiki Medium Grain Rice, 80 Ounce
- Brand: Nishiki
- Manufacturer: JFC International Inc.
- Color: White
- Dimensions: Height: 12.1 Inches Width: 4.88 Inches Length: 3.45 Inches Weight: 0.03824689552307 Pounds `
- 1. A source of protein for athletes and people who are trying to lose weight.
- 2. Carbs for people who are trying to eat a healthy diet.
- 3. A good source of dietary fiber.
- 4. Good for people’s teeth and grammar.
- 5. Good for people’s skin and skin health.
I was really happy with my Nishiki medium grain rice. It was very cooked and fluffy. The flavor was flavorful. The texture was FLUFFY. It was very easy to eat. I highly recommend this product! Nishiki rice is an excellent choice for traditional Japanese meals.
This medium grain rice is exceptionally versatile and imparts a perfect touch to the more casual dishes that you prepare. To get the most out of your Nishiki medium grain rice, rinse it thoroughly before cooking. Cook it in a combination of one and one-half cups of water for each cup of rice until the moisture has evaporated and let it stand covered for 10 minutes before serving. It’s easy!
2. Nishiki Premium Sushi Rice, 10lbs
- Brand: Nishiki
- Manufacturer: Monstra LLC (dba Pacific Rim Gourmet)
- Color: White
- Dimensions: Height: 5.0 Inches Width: 7.0 Inches Length: 12.0 Inches Weight: 0.00881849048 Pounds `
- Publication Date: 2011-12-01T00:00:01Z
- 1. It is the best quality and taste in the market.
- 2. It is made with the best rice and has the perfect texture.
- 3. It is safe for yourself and your food.
- 4. It is a Udemy course.
- 5. It is a must-have for any sushi cooker.
I have used Nishiki sushi rice for a long time and it has been my go to sushi rice for a variety of reasons. Not only am I able to produce delicious sushi with it, but the quality is always consistent.
The grains are uniform and cook evenly, so every single piece goes from fluffy to sticky and turns out perfect. It is also a good value for the price, in my opinion. I highly recommend Nishiki Sushi Rice for anyone that enjoys preparing sushi at home!
3. 4Sisters – Authentic Short Grain Japonica Sushi Rice
- Brand: 4Sisters
- Manufacturer: 4Sisters
- Dimensions: Weight: 2.0 Pounds `
- 1. Authentic Japonica sushi rice rice.
- 2. Sustainably Grown rice.
- 3. Women Owned rice.
- 4. Farm to table rice.
- 5. 2lb bag of rice
bag The 4Sisters sushi rice is authentic and short grain, which makes it a delicious and nutritious choice. The women own and operate the farm that produces the rice, so they are able to protect and care for the plant.
The rice is two-pound bagged, which is over one-half cup of the average American cup. This means that the rice is completely and completely sustainable, which is a plus in itself. The 2lb bag is also easy to store and process, which is a plus in itself. Overall, the 4Sisters sushi rice is a great choice for those who are looking for a sustainable and average looking cup of coffee.
4. Shirakiku Rice Koshihikari 4.4 LB, 70.4Ounce
- Brand: Shirakiku
- Manufacturer: Shirakiku
- Dimensions: Weight: 4.4 Pounds `
- , Pre-Sliced, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Indigo, Japanese Yaki
- 1. Shirakiku Rice Koshihikari is a high quality product.
- 2. It is a quality product that is made with care.
- 3. The rice is of high quality and date is correctly fresh.
- 4. It is a quality product that is easy to prepare.
- 5. The shirakiku rice is a valuable product because it is of high quality and is of proper date.
The Shirakiku Rice Koshihikari 4.4 LB, 70.4Ounce is a great product because it is quality and it is affordable. It is a great choice for those who are looking for a quality rice product that is affordable and easy to use. This product is sure to provide you with your favorite rice.
5. Marukan Seasoned Rice Vinegar 12 Oz (12 oz), 12 oz
- Brand: Marukan
- Manufacturer: MARUKAN
- Dimensions: Weight: 0.75 Pounds `
- 1. It is an excellent pick-me-up for the skin
- 2. It is natural and has no harsh chemicals
- 3. It is a natural acidifier of the blood
- 4. It has a natural anti-inflammatory effect
- 5. It is a natural and effective anti companionable agent
This rice vinegar is amazing! It has a good flavor and gives rice a healthy bitterness. It also helps to prevent rice pests from eating the rice. I highly recommend this product! Our seasoned rice vinegar is a sweet, tangy, mildly acidic seasoning made from natural sugars in rice that have been converted to alcohol and then acid.
It is light yellow to clear in color and has a mild, slightly sweet flavor. It is made from high quality Calrose rice and its subtle flavor makes it well suited for use in sushi rice or marinades for delicate foods such as fish and vegetables.
6. Nishiki Premium Grade Sushi Rice 2lbs Bag (1 Pack)
- Manufacturer: Nishiki
- Dimensions: Height: 1.0 Inches Width: 2.0 Inches Length: 6.0 Inches
- 1. A positive means of management and storage.
- 2. On-the-go and easy-to-eat, perfect for busy restaurants.
- 3. Nishiki’s premium grade sushi rice is hand-selected and hammed with essential nutrients to make your sushi experience the best possible.
- 4. devilish and delicious taste with literality.
- 5. perfect for sushi rolls and other food items.
I am very happy with my Nishiki sushi rice! It is of a high quality and I am able to cook more food with it than other brands I have used. I highly recommend it! Nishiki Premium Grade Sushi Rice is a medium grain rice grown in the Sacramento Valley of California.
Nishiki Sushi Rice is milled, polished and processed in accordance with precise traditional Japanese standards for superior taste and texture. When cooked, Nishiki produces individual grains that are light, tender and fluffy.
7. Tamanishiki Super Premium Short Grain Rice, 4.4-Pounds
- Brand: Tamanishiki
- Manufacturer: JFC International Inc.
- Dimensions: Weight: 4.4 Pounds `
- Publication Date: 2011-02-15T00:00:01Z
- NZ SM6 Content, 100%NZStandardrovivs, On-The-go, Good for Your Diet, Perfect for Japanese Beignets
- It has a low water usage rate.
- It is perfect for Japanese beignets.
- It is easy to eat with no upset stomach.
- It has a high quality of rice.
- It is a high-quality product for eating.
Tamanishiki Super Premium Short Grain Rice is a premium rice and the highest quality short grain rice on the market. Grown in the Sacramento Valley of California, it has a shorter grain, softer texture and stickier consistency than long or medium grain rice.
It’s grown under strict supervision without any preservatives and additives. We are committed to importing only the finest quality rice from all over the world, specializing in Organic Products and Gluten Free Products.
8. Lundberg Family Farms – Organic California Sushi Rice
- Brand: Lundberg
- Manufacturer: Lundberg
- Lundberg Family Farms – Organic California Sushi Rice – The perfect rice for perfect stuck rice!
- Japanese Style Short Grain Rice – This rice is perfect for those who are looking for an organic version of rice.
- Perfectly Sticky – This rice is perfect for keeping your hands clean because they use a non-GMO approach.
- Pantry Staple – The Lundberg Family Farms – Organic California Sushi Rice is a pantry staple for those who have a lot of it.
- Non-GMO – The Lundberg Family Farms – Organic California Sushi Rice is a non-GMO rice and has been tested for gluten and sugar levels.
I love my Lundberg Family Farms organic sushi rice! It’s perfect for my needs and it’s non-gmo, gluten-free, and vegan. It’s pantry staples for my family. This product is all I use for sushi now! A special medium grain rice ideal for sushi and all your favorite rice recipes.
Lundberg Family Farms California Sushi Rice is specially milled to produce a sweet, sticky, moist grain for traditional sushi rolls and puddings, with an aromatic quality that sets it apart from other varieties of rice. This versatile rice can be used for many other uses including rice bowls, stir-fry and risotto.
9. Kokuho Sushi Rice, 5 Lb
- Brand: Kokuho
- Manufacturer: Kokuho
- Dimensions: Height: 3.4 Inches Width: 5.3 Inches Length: 12.4 Inches Weight: 4.95 Pounds `
- Bag Kokuho rice sushi is useful for those who want to eat delicious and healthy sushi. It comes with a five-year warranty, makes you a part of a dining experience with others, and is easy to use.
- It is easy to use.
- It has a five-year warranty.
- It is a part of a dining experience with others.
- It is easy to eat.
- It has a five-year warranty.
I was really impressed with the Kokuho Rice Sushi! It was very tasty and she gave a great service. I would definitely recommend this place to others. Kokuho Rose® Sushi Rice is a medium grain rice.
This rice has a beautiful appearance of polished rose white and cooks into a glossy shininess when cooked. Kokuho Rose® is excellent for sushi, as well as other foods where the grain must be firm to hold its shape like in fried rice, paella and casseroles.
10. They see us rollin’ I Rice Seaweed Japanese Sushi T-Shirt
- Brand: Japanese Sushi Designs
- Manufacturer: Japanese Sushi Designs
- Color: Black
- 1. Our T-Shirts are comfortable and stylish.
- 2. We provide a delicious and nutritious meal for everyone in our group.
- 3. We are unique and stylish T-Shirts that will make everyone feeling like a celebrity.
- 4. We provide vegetables and rice in a simple and easy-to-use T-Shirt.
- 5. Our T-Shirts are made with 100% vegetable-based fabric and are seaweed for healthy watery eyes.
A great fit and durable fabric give you a look that lasts. 100% combed ring-spun cotton with the right amount of stretch (it has an excellent quality). Retail fit, runs true to size. Unisex sizing (Lovely friendly rounded neckline and short sleeves for comfort).
Cover stitched collar and hemmed sleeves add more durability to what is sure to be a favorite! Shoulder-to-shoulder taping supports the fabric from overstretching and provides long lasting quality. Preshrunk for your convenience! Machine wash warm, inside out, with like colors. Only non-chlorine bleach. Tumble dry medium. Do not iron. Do not dry clean
What to Consider When Purchasing Sushi Rice
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best rice for sushi will vary depending on your cooking and sushi-making methods. However, here are some general tips to help you choose the perfect rice for your cooking style and sushi-making method.
Rice can be bought in a variety of colors and flavors, so it is important to try different types to see which are popular with you. -Rice is important for sushi-making because it is one of the main ingredients in most sushi-making methods.
Rice is important for rice-making because it takes a long time to cook, so it is important to have a large pot with high heat to cook the rice. -Rice can be bought in a variety of shapes and sizes, so it is important to try different shapes to see which are popular with you.
You may be ready and raring to go ahead and buy the product that appears best now that you’ve viewed our top 10 sushi rice brands on the market. However, there are a few things to consider before jumping the gun.
It’s incredible that you’ve decided to try your hand at preparing sushi at home. It can be a lot of fun and a terrific way to try a new cuisine in the comfort of your own home. However, you’ll need the highest-quality sushi rice before you can make your world-class sushi rolls.
So, here are a few things to keep in mind the next time you’re looking at sushi rice companies on the internet or wandering the aisles of our local supermarket.
Look for Sushi Rice Brands
Keep an eye out for labels that say ‘new variety’ or ‘first crop’ while shopping for sushi rice. The rice package will have these labels put on it. You should always search for these terms on the label, regardless of whose brand you’re looking at.
So, what exactly do the terms “new variety” and “first crop” mean? These are rice grains that have been harvested and cultivated in the autumn. To put it another way, they’re at their peak and ideal for sushi rice.
The date the rice grains were collected is also displayed on certain packets. If that’s the case, it shouldn’t be older than a year. If you wait too long, the quality will deteriorate. Sushi rice becomes tougher as it ages and takes much longer to soften. As a result, it won’t be very sticky, making it difficult for the contents in your sushi rolls to stick together.
Look for Japanese Short-Grain White Rice
Another important consideration is whether the sushi rice is made from white Japanese short-grain rice. Top-quality, super-premium Japanese short-grain rice is required for top-quality sushi, but medium-grain rice would suffice.
Because of its short and round shape, short-grain rice is easy to recognize from other types of rice. Most importantly, they cook faster than any long-grain variety, allowing you to eat your sushi roll as soon as possible.
Sushi rice, as previously said, must be sticky. Fortunately, the Japanese favor sticky rice. As a result, the grains are more likely to stick together. This makes forming sushi into various shapes and rolls much easier. You can prepare nigirizushi in oval shapes or divide the sushi pieces and rice with chopsticks. If you try this with conventional rice, you’ll end up with a really messy situation.
Short-grained rice is the most sticky of all rice kinds. The stickiness of rice decreases as the length of the grain increases. Short-grained rice is therefore strongly recommended for the greatest sushi rolls. If short-grain rice is unavailable, medium-grain rice will suffice, although it will be less sticky and difficult to pick up with chopsticks.
Look for the Shinmai Sushi Rice Variety
If you live near an Asian grocery store, you should seek advice before choosing a sushi rice brand. We suggest requesting a shinmai variation. This is for when you can’t find any packaging with the words ‘new variety’ on the label of the first crop.
So you can be confident of what you’re buying, ask the grocery store owner or assistant. When you come across shinmai rice, you know you’re obtaining rice that was harvested the same year.
Avoid Pre-Washed Sushi Rice
Pre-washed sushi rice appears to be the next craze in supermarkets. While it may appear that buying pre-washed sushi rice may save you time in the kitchen, we do not recommend it. When some starch strands are left on the rice grains, sushi rice is at its best. This starch aids in the binding of rice grains, resulting in higher-quality rice for sushi.
Sushi rice that has been pre-washed does not require rinsing to remove the starch, however we recommend rinsing rice. So that some starch remains attached to the grains and your sushi rolls adhere together more easily, you can rinse it in moderation.
Texture and Flavor
Sushi rice must be wet and supple. This cannot be emphasized enough! To enjoy the range of flavors in your sushi roll, it must be able to absorb seasoning. The sticky texture also allows the other ingredients to adhere to one another.
Brown-colored sushi rice is recommended if you want to add more nutritional value to your dish. However, this does not always equal the quality of white sushi rice. Brown rice, like white sushi rice, has a thicker texture and is lower in carbs than other forms of rice.
Brown sushi rice may be perfect if you’re controlling your weight and on a diet. However, you may need to adjust the way you make the sushi roll if you use brown rice.
Dates to Sell By and Best By
You may believe that rice would not spoil no matter how long it is stored. While some brands of rice last longer than others, we recommend purchasing rice with a best-by date within a few months.
The rice should be stored in a dry, dark location within an airtight container once the packaging has been opened. If air enters the rice, it will begin to spoil and will not last as long. You can also put the rice in your refrigerator for storage if you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sushi Rice
1. What is the best rice for sushi?
The best rice for sushi is a short grain white sushi rice.
2. How do i make sushi rice?
To make sushi rice, combine 1 cup sushi rice with 1 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best rice for sushi depends on individual preferences and kitchen amenities. However, some tips on how to buy the best rice for sushi include following the quality and price ranges that are popular in your area, and looking for genres of sushi that are popular in those areas.