Earlier this week I made a big mistake when shopping for the meat. We usually go to a great butcher who’s meat is fantastic quality and if they don’t have what you want they will sort it for you. As we had been away for the weekend, we hadn’t been to the butcher and after a long hard day in work I really couldn’t be doing with driving that extra few miles to get the meat. Instead I went to a farm shop just down the road thinking their meet must be good…how wrong could I have been.
* The meat was prepackaged – a big bugbear of mine.
* I couldn’t buy the exact quantity I wanted.
* Only once I get home I realised that although the minced beef said 650g on the packaging there was less than 600g – so I had been overcharged.
* The meat was tasteless and when cooking leached loads of water.
* It was no cheaper than our regular fantastic butcher.
They can forget about getting any custom off me again! All in all it had been an “in the clouds” day for me. On the way to work I drove in totally the wrong direction…and it took me a while to click where I was going, plus the meal was meant to have a red pepper in it, but for some obsucure reason while shopping I picked up a broccolli (no I can’t see the similarity either!).
Hubby & I are doing quite a bit of overtime at the moment so midweek dinners need to be quick. This dish took all of 10 minutes.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Noodles
2 chicken fillets, cut into strips
3 spring onions, sliced
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lime juice
1 small head of broccolli
2 sheets of medium noodles
1) With a small amount of oil in a wok, brown the chicken and spring onions. In a separate saucepan cook the noodles then drain
2) To the wok add the sweet chilli sauce, honey and lime juice. Fry until chicken is cooked.
3) Remove chicken to warmed plate. Add brocolli to sauce and boil until sauce has thickened. Mix in chicken and noodles, then serve.