I’ve had a bit of a dodgy cookery weekend. This explains why there is a beautiful photo my husband took the day after our wedding and not a food picture at the top. Friday I made a Lemon Drizzle Cake, a cake I’ve made loads of times before with no problems. I was confident it was as good as previous versions. My confidence was shattered when a relative slice the cake open to reveal it hadn’t cooked properly. Everyone assured me it was still delicious, but I think they were just being polite!
The second culinary failure of the weekend involved some rhubarb from the garden that had been begging to be picked for weeks. I’m not a huge fan of rhubarb so had been putting it off for a while. I decided to make a rhubarb syllabub. The syllabub worked perfectly, but the roasted rhubarb was horrible. We might have well been eating celery it was so stringy. I’ve learnt my lesson from leaving stuff for too long in the garden.
Here are the rules…
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.
1) I saw the Berlin wall fall down…not that I really understood the significance back then.
2) Our wedding is featured in this months Wedding Ideas magazine.
3) Apart from food, my other passion is the great outdoors. There is nothing more invigorating than waking up snuggled inside a tent and hearing the dawn chorus then climbing to the top of a hill/tor/munro/mountain to admire the view. For me it’s pure escapism.
4) I can be very indecisive.
5) I would love to run a quaint little tea shop in the Peak District or Lake District.