They have a slightly different texture and taste to normal brownies, but by god do they taste good!
The only recipe I can find uses US measurements. I converted as much as I could and the recipe I’ve posted here is the metric version I worked out while making them. I ended up using quite a different assortment of chocolate as I didn’t have enough of one kind. The original recipe says to put 3/4 cup of cocoa which is far too much (is cocoa different in the US compared to here?) Next time I may add a bit more flour to give a drier texture.
140g caster sugar
340g of various chocolate (I used G&B almond, dark chocolate drops & 2 types of Hotel Chocolat bars)
70g unsalted butter
110g plain flour
2 tsp cocoa
1) Preheat oven to 190oc and line 8 inch square baking pan with baking parchment.
2) Combine eggs and sugar. On a medium heat melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Allow to cool for about 3 mins.
3) Beat chocolate mix into egg mix. Sift in flour and cocoa. Beat until well combined.
4) Whisk in Guinness, then pour into pan. Bake for 25 min until a skewer comes out just abour clean. It will continue to cook slightly after being taken out of oven.
5) Cool on rack, then dust in icing sugar and cut into 16 squares.