Tonight I made Marmalade chicken with roasted red onion and egg fried rice. I appologise for H2B’s monster portion of rice!
4 tbsp of fine cut marmalade
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 chicken fillets
Small bunch of thyme
large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
1. heat oven to 190oc. Cut orange & lemon in half and juice one half of each into a bowl. Mix in marmalade and oil. season well.
2. Cut 4 diagonal slashes in the chicken, stuff with thyme and place ontop of ionin in roasting tin
3. Cut remaining orange and lemon into thin wedges and arrange around chicken & onion. Spoon over marmalade mix. Scatter over more thyme and pepper. Leave covered in fridge for about 30 min.
4. Bake for 30-35 min.
Egg fried rice
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp veg oil
200g cooked rice, cooled
100g frozen peas
4 spring onions
1-2 tsp soy sauce
1) Beat together sesame oil and egg. Put to one side.
2) When veg oil almost smoking, add rice and stir fry for 3-4 min.
3) Add veg, stirfry for about 3 min. Season well with soy and pepper, then push rice to one side of the pan. Pour in beaten egg, leave for 10 sec so it begins to set. Break up egg and stir into rice.